Smart meters are crucial components of the Smart Grid and enable two-way communication by interfacing remotely with the utility and deliver meter readings automatically.
By gathering and forwarding data, smart meters allow consumers to make informed decisions to alter usage and optimize electricity consumption. It also helps utilities to better monitor the electric system and demand response to reduce peak loads, remote connect-disconnect option, fraud detection and prevention of outages.
Through the connection with Ursalink industrial cellular router, all the serial data will be sent to SCADA software via TCP to COM software over 3G/4G cellular. And the SMS alert will be triggered automatically and timely at the arrival of those data as well.
Benefit & Features
- Build Versatile Connectivity. Supports dual bandWi-Fi (2.4G & 5G) and GSM/3G/4G LTE
- Redundant Connections for Backup. Automated failover betweenWi-Fi and cellular (dual SIMs)
- Highly Reliable and Secure. Multiple VPN Tunnels supports such as IPsec, OpenVPN, DMVPN, L2TP, GRE, PPTP for secure communication
- Well-roundedafter Sales. Online technical support from day to night, from east to west
- Through real-time collection and monitoring of data, it will send SMS/Email alerts if any issue occurs
- IoT Platform Readiness: complies with Microsoft Azure, ThingWorx, AWS and more
- Supports Modbus RTU, Modbus TCP and Modbus Gateway