Intelligent EV Charging Station Management
EV charging station is trending.
With the growing concerns on energy conservation and the escalating emission of carbon dioxide, electric vehicles such as V2Gs, also known as vehicle to grids, have become prevalent all over the world owing to its zero-emission, low-noise, low maintenance and shrinking operation cost. It is expected that the global electric car stock may reach 40-70 million by 2025. (Source: IEA analysis based on EVI country submissions, complemented by EAFO 2017a).
However, a large quantity of decentralized EV charging stations would be hard to remotely manage as well as run into the following challenges:
- A weak point, first of all, lies in its capability of data transmission. Many stakeholders will be delayed to receive the field data of charging and metering.
- The full suite of services are offered by various providers for which it would be hard for troubleshooting when any issue occurs.
- Most charging points are deployed in challenging environment where it would be critical to approach.
- The scattered charging stations with complex structure will bring a great difficulties to on-site technical personnel for the devices maintenance and management.
- Redundant link support, sometimes however, is also in the list of technical requirements.
In view of the above issues, Ursalink, a united team of qualified professionals that have over 12-year experience in the field of communications, not only provides an easy-setup, operational efficiency, and cost optimization plan for EV charging station, but makes it possible to realize remote control with the wireless 3G/4G design as well.
The solution comes with EV, EV charger, Ursalink 3G/4G cellular router, and cloud management software from EV charger manufacturer or a third party. Wherein, the Ursalink industrial cellular router plays a crucial role of providing a high-speed and stable networking and transparent link for the charging and metering data transmission so as to analyze and monitor the devices with prompt response, by which leads to a desired outcome of cost reduction.
Benefit & Features
- Ursalink router helps connect to the Internet via wireless 4G/3G/GPRS technology for the charging point placed in an environment where it’s too difficult or expensive to deploy optical network
- Automated fail-over/fail-back between Ethernet and cellular (dual SIMs) feature ensures all data to be sent to the management software timely
- Multiple options of VPN (IPsec, OpenVPN, DMVPN, GRE, L2TP, PPTP) with different encryption methods ensure the secured and stable communication
- Featuring 2 or 5 Gigabit Ethernet ports, an Ursalink cellular router is all you need for each charging station and gets you into light transmission of large data from multiple EV chargers
- Offer serial ports (RS232 & RS485) and I/O interface for receiving and transferring EV chargers’ voltage, current, power distribution and other operating parameters
- SMS alarm & mail alarm system provide ability for engineers to take corresponding actions in no time by sending them the alerts of those out-of-compliance equipment
- Embedded Ursalink SDK (Python 2.7/C) for secondary development in SSD/Micro SD card
- Featuring industrial design with IP30 protection class to function properly in the most demanding environment, from cool to crucial